Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to school this week

Well, its back to school for the young'uns this week. Not sure where the summer went. Wait..oh, I'm sorry...the summer IS STILL HERE. Yet, off they'll go to the bus stop for day 1 on Thursday and then come home grousing about having to do homework on a nice summer afternoon.

The return to school got me to thinking about a song from one of the true originals of rock and roll - Chuck Berry. I haven't listened to this song in years.



For my son, this is really a watershed year - ninth grade - the beginning of high school. He's ready. Me? Umm, the jury is still out. Lots of big stuff expected the next 4 years - driving, college choices, dating, and a smorgasbord buffet of temptations. I'll be watching, listening, and a'prayin for him, that's for sure.

I wonder if the pep rallies in year 1 for him will turn out anything like this. Hit it Joey, DeeDee, and the boys!



TMC

2 comments:

  1. HANG IN THERE IT WILL BE ALL OVER SOON ENOUGH.RACHEL JUST CLOSED ON HER TOWNHOUSE. IF THAT DONT MAKE ME FEEL OLD. UDR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe Taylor is in high school. Never realize how much time has passed until I see kids grow up.

    ReplyDelete