Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A productive lunch...new tunes!

My co-workers and regular lunch compadres both had something else to do today at the noon hour. So I was on my own and decided to visit McKay's in Nashville. I like to drop in there periodically to cruise through used CDs, DVDs, books, etc.

McKay's is well-established in Chattanooga, and I built a large portion of my CD collection from their store when I lived in the Bluff City. They are fairly new to Nashville having only been here about a year.

More often than not since their opening, I really haven't had much success finding CDs on my wish list there - either not at all or not at a cost comparable to or cheaper than what I could order used on Amazon or Half.com.

But today was different. I had a lot of success. Found 4 that I wanted. All had been on my wish list for some time, & I just tried to be patient in finding them used and at the right price. A music karma day I suppose.

And the winners are (drum roll please)...

Billy Joe Shaver - Live at Smith's Olde Bar




Joe Ely - Happy Songs From Rattlesnake Gulch



Corb Lund - Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!




(Thanks BirminghamSteve for a great vid as always.)

Stoney Larue - The Red Dirt Album



TMC

1 comment:

  1. You could have just bought one album instead of four, "The Happy Red Horse at Smith's Olde Bar"

    ReplyDelete