Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bonnaroo 2009 line-up



Alright you Roonies, are you ready for the heat, the mud, the rain, the weed, and the tunes? I hope you are because I'm too old to deal with all that crap. But after seeing this line-up, I wish I could man-up and go. If nothing else, hopefully I can participate from a distance via the web, bootlegs, YouTube, etc. because there are some fantastic artists included in this year's line-up.

I won't list everyone - you can find that info at Bonnaroo's site - but here are some that ought to be fantastic.

Alejandro Escovedo
Beastie Boys
Béla Fleck & Toumani Diabate
Ben Harper and Relentless7 (hopefully will include Tom Freund)
Elvis Costello
Lucinda Williams
Merle Friggin' Haggard
Okkervil River
Robert Earl Keen
Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3
The Steeldrivers
Tift Merritt
Todd Snider
Wilco

This is a hall-of-fame line-up even if the Boss ends up getting most of the promotional hype.

TMC

1 comment: