Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ozzy Rules

No, not this Ozzy.


THIS Ozzy.


My son has grown much taller and far faster than I ever imagined. He has long since outgrown his bicycle, and he's been chomping at the bit to get a full frame, 26" bike. He asked for my advice, and I told him I'd keep an eye open for bikes on Craigslist. Figured he'd get a bargain along the way.

He started getting a bit antsy and told me he could get a new one at Wal-Mart for $120. I quickly informed him HE could buy a new one for that amount but that I would not be buying one at that price. It was amazing how quickly he re-embraced the Craigslist idea.

Then enters Ozzy...

He recalled he had a fairly new bike in his attic that had rarely been ridden and offered to give it to my son for free, nada, comp. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, everyone's happy.

He brought it to work today, its in the back of my truck right now, and I imagine my son will be be tooling about the neighborhood on his new pimped-out wheels Friday.

Mighty props to Ozzy. Visit him at http://ozzynelson.blogspot.com.

TMC

No comments:

Post a Comment