Friday, December 11, 2009

Chickens

Earlier this week, I had lunch in our work cafeteria with co-workers RHTM and Leslie. My head is still spinning from the bizarre variety of topics we covered in about an hour. One topic, of all things, was chickens. Chicken houses. Laying houses. Breeding houses. Processing plants. Disease management. Culling. Etc.

I don't even remember how the subject came up or why we continued it.

But after 4 days of that conversation still rattling around in my noggin, I was reminded this morning of the song written by Hayes Carll and Ray Wylie Hubbard titled simply enough Chickens.



Powered by Podbean.com

Cluck, cluck, cluck y'all.

TMC

1 comment:

  1. When i was a kid we raised chickens. I believe we had 25 laying hens and a rooster. Conventional wisdom that says roosters crow at daybreak is a myth. They start crowing at 3 a.m. and don't quit until about 9.
    Very uncool.

    ReplyDelete