Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Limping into Year 4

December 20 historical events:
  • 1803 - The Lousiana Purchase is completed.
  • 1879 - Thomas Edison privately demonstrates the incandescent light bulb.
  • 1945 - Original KISS drummer, Peter Criss, is born.
  • 1957 - Elvis Presley was given his draft notice for the U.S. Army.
  • 1996 - NeXT merges with Apple COmputer.
  • 2008 - The Because Whit Happens blog goes live.

Really? Three years ago? Yep. And to be mentioned in same breath as those other events ... well, that's pretty lame.



Make your own drawings at SketchfuMore from this artist at SketchfuShare this drawing from Sketchfu


After a reasonable number of posts the first couple of years, I slacked way off in year 3.
  • I didn't attend as many live shows.
  • New music? Almost non-existent for me this year.
  • My racing-related blog, Bench Racing, got more attention than this one.
  • Twitter has become my primary outlet for random thoughts. Where I once wrote several paragraphs about an opinion or happening, now I most often condense my observations into one or more 140-character tweets.

Yet, the blog is still here. And I hope I'll continue to post periodically. I'm under no illusion that many folks follow me here regularly, and that's OK. A great piece of guidance I got a few years ago was to blog things of interest to me and to blog them when and how I wanted. I've kept that advice front and center the last three years.

If you are reading this now and have read anything else I've posted the last three years, thank you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

TMC

No comments:

Post a Comment