Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 1991 - Townes van Zandt and Guy Clark

Every 4 years on January 20, we swear in our President of the United States. Sometimes its a new one, sometimes its a second termer. In 2009, we get a new one. I didn't vote for him, but I do wish him well. As a nation, we need him to have a successful term - however that ends up being defined. I'm pretty sure I'll disagree with just about every policy decision he'll make, but we'll see. In transitional times like these, its often easy and natural for us to take our eye off the ball a bit. Some are euphoric, some are despondent, and some are wait-and-see'ers. But we can't let our guard down against the folks who mean us harm - regardless of the political parties that are going or coming.

Rather than dwell on politics, I prefer to blog about a language common to everyone - music. And I want to recognize January 20th in doing so.

On January 20, 1991, Townes van Zandt and Guy Clark played the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. Two different versions of the recorded show are floating around out there. One is a 2-disc, high-quality soundboard version. The other is a 3-disc, lower-quality version. For storage size, download speed, and sound quality reasons, I've chosen to share the 2-disc version.

I got this show in a lossless FLAC format and prefer to share it that way. It makes for a larger download, and the tracks will have to be converted to WAV or MP3 for you to listen to them. But its worth it to me for you to have the original lossless files to keep and to pass on to others in the same manner.

Sample - Townes - Mr. Mudd and Mr. Gold

Sample - Guy - Doctor Good Doctor

Full Download (click here)

Enjoy on January 20...and beyond.

TMC

No comments:

Post a Comment