Saturday, April 30, 2011

City Songs Saturday - Tennessee edition

Thought I might try this theme beginning today and on Saturdays to follow. Songs with U.S. cities in the title. With this being the inaugural post in the series and my being a native Tennessean, songs about cities in the volunteer state seemed the logical place to begin.

I'm open to suggestions. Multiple songs about a specific city? State? Region? Single artist - multiple city songs? Solo artists or bands? Comment away.

For this entry, I specifically made sure the song was available on YouTube. Clearly not all songs are represented there. So some weeks I may just have a link to the audio. Who knows - let's just see where it takes us.

East Nashville Skyline - Todd Snider



Up Memphis Blues - Tommy Womack



Midnight Train to Memphis - The Steeldrivers



Knoxville Girl - The Wilburn Brothers



Nutbush City Limits - Tina Turner



TMC

No comments:

Post a Comment